Many of us fear getting older. We assume that advancing age equals decline — mentally and physically. We are blind to the possibilities of vitality, beauty, wit and wisdom. Thankfully seniors are getting cooler by the minute with sites like:
- https://getinthegroove.com In The Groove is the go-to place for women of a certain age for what you need to know, and maybe didn’t even know you needed to know to stay in the groove.
- https://www.growingbolder.com Growing Bolder shares inspirational stories of ordinary people living extraordinary lives; men and women who are smashing stereotypes and proving that when it comes to living big, bold lives.
- https://seniorplanet.org SeniorPlanet.org celebrates aging by sharing information and resources that support aging with attitude, and helps people who were born long before the digital revolution to stay engaged and active.
- http://yogaforhealthyaging.blogspot.com A personal favorite, this site is a great source of science-based information about how yoga can help foster healthy aging.
- https://www.boomercafe.com Now in its 18th year, BoomerCafé is the original digital magazine for baby boomers with active lifestyles and youthful spirits!
These five sites and many others are doing important work to challenge common stereotypes about aging. There are many other great sites out there, and we’d love to hear your favorites in the comments below!