It’s overwhelming to think about your entire life and how many things you have experienced, but it’s much easier if you focus on “framing” your life in one year bursts.
One of the easiest ways document your life is to ask yourself a few questions, and there’s no better time to do that than now! Challenge yourself to look back on everything you’ve experienced, discovered and achieved during the last 12 months, but do it in no more than 20 minutes!
These 10 questions will help you to quickly reflect and document the events and milestones of your year.
- What single event impacted you the most?
- What was the best news you received? And the worst?
- Who were the five people you spent the most time with?
- What was your favorite tv show?
- Did you do anything for very first time?
- Did you take a special vacation or trip? Where and with whom?
- What was the biggest problem you solved?
- What was the funniest or most embarrassing moment of your year?
- Did anything cause “a complete 180” of your previously held beliefs or perceptions?
- How do you want to remember 2018?
You can copy and paste your questions and answers on social media encouraging others to do the same. While you’re there, please remember to set the “audience” of your post to the privacy setting that you desire by clicking on the drop down menu shown below.
Remember, if you don’t like to put your information on social media that’s perfectly okay! Your personal journal is also a great place for this exercise.
There you have it!
No, it’s not the most detailed account, but it doesn’t have to be. You can always build in the details later, or leave it just as it is. The details are great but they take time. Short and sweet is always fun and leaves the details to the reader’s imagination!